Our Saint Louis Residence needs your help!
Trust is what has sustained generations of Little Sisters for more than 140 years in St. Louis— We trust in God’s Providence and the goodness of others to help us provide for the needs of our Residents.
As you can imagine, the cost of operating a large home and providing for the elderly poor far exceeds the income received from the Residents’ pensions, Social Security and Medicaid.
To cover this constant deficit and to make some cost renovations, we need your help. We rely on charitable donations through direct mail campaigns, church collections, bequests, grants, fundraising events, and the generosity of individual donors like you.
Ways to donate:
- Online donation : Click here
- Mail a check payable to:Little Sisters of the Poor3225 North Florissant Avenue
Saint Louis, MO 63107
- Our Newsletters contain response envelopes for your convenience.
- Gifts in Kind: businesses and individuals donate needed items such as food, personal care items and office supplies. See Wish List.
- Stock transfer: information available on request.
- Workplace giving: available to you if your employer has a matching gift program.
- Remembrance Gifts: gifts may be made in memory of a loved one or to honor a special person in your life.
- Planned giving: Bequests are meaningful sources of funds for our ministry. As you look ahead, please consider a bequest to the Little Sisters of the Poor.
You can use a variety of vehicles including your will, a deferred gift such as an IRA or retirement fund, life insurance policy or charitable trust. Donors are encouraged to consult with a financial advisor or attorney before making a gift.
You simply state:
“I give to the Little Sisters of the Poor of St. Louis to be used at their discretion, the following gift.
- ____% (amount in percent) of my estate
- The residual of my estate (after other gifts)
- The specific stock, property, policy or asset.
Remember, there may be tax benefits that come from your gift, such as a deduction from income tax, avoidance of capital gain tax, and avoidance of estate tax. Planning ahead can benefit you as well as the work of the Little Sisters.
As a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, donations to the Little Sisters of the Poor at the St. Louis Residence are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Our corporate name is:† Little Sisters of the Poor St. Louis Residence
Our tax I.D. number is: 43-0653363
For more information on how you can support the St. Louis Residence, contact Sr. Michael, l.s.p. or Mr. Gary Kolarcik, Director of Development at 314-421-6022 or firstname.lastname@example.org.