Spending time with the elderly is worthwhile and rewarding. There is always a need for young volunteers—both male and female, middle school and high school age—here at our Home. Our Residents enjoy having young visitors!
Youth service options include:
- Assisting Residents in wheelchairs to get to and from daily Mass
- Helping to serve meals to our Residents
- Playing cards and other games with the Residents
- Providing companionship and extra one-on-one attention for Residents during parties, Bingo, and field trips
- Helping in the linen room folding small items
Youth groups, school classes, and student clubs are also welcome to volunteer. A group can:
- Host games and activities with residents such as Bingo, Wii Bowling, or ice cream socials
- Present musical or vocal performances, dance recitals, or plays and talent shows
- Help the Home though garden and landscape work, cleaning projects, or participating in special events
- Sponsor fundraising or collection drives of much needed items for our Residents in the name of the Little Sisters of the Poor
Youth under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a chaperone. For more information about how an individual or group can volunteer, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Sandra Laguerta, via phone at 314-795-0396 or email email@example.com.